- “Meetcha” means (depending on the context) either Meetcha, the online dating service; Tradewinds Telephone Company Inc., our parent company; or the website www.meetcha.com.
- “Member” means any person who has registered their email address, username and password with Meetcha.
- “Personal Information” means information that would enable a party to contact you, including, for example, your full name, address, or email address.
- The information we collect and use, including how we generally use that information.
- Use of Meetcha by Minors.
- What we share and disclose and why and to whom.
- What “Cookies” and “Action Tags” are and how we use them.
- How to update and delete your account information.
Information Collection and Use
- We collect Personal Information from you as you interact with Meetcha, such as when you:
- Register with Meetcha,
- Use our products or services,
- Enter promotions or sweepstakes, and
- Visit web pages on Meetcha or on the websites of certain of our partners.
- We may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register, we ask for personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, birth date, and to process purchases with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). Once you register with Meetcha and sign in to our services, you are therefore not anonymous to us. Your Personal Information is made available only to Meetcha employees and contractors who we believe need that access in order to do their jobs and to provide products and services to you.
- The information you provide us can help us to understand how to make the website more convenient and useful to you. We use your Personal Information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, and conduct research.
- You are free to use Meetcha without registering or setting up a personal Meetcha account; however, some of our services and web pages are available only to those who are registered Members.
- We require an email address when you register with us. We use your email for transactional (e.g., order confirmation, refund and renewal processing) as well as promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings) purposes. If you would rather not receive promotional emails from us, please see the section below labeled “Your Ability to Update and Delete your Account Information and Preferences.”
- We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Meetcha cookie information and the pages you request.
- We may periodically conduct voluntary Member surveys. We encourage our Members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. All responses are anonymous, unless you opt to provide Personal Information.
- We encourage you to refer a friend to Meetcha by providing your friend’s name and email address. We will keep this information in our database and send a one-time email containing your name and inviting them to our site. This email will also include instructions on how to remove their information from our database.
- We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Meetcha does not conduct background checks on its Members.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. You understand that MEETCHA does not in any way screen its Members, nor DO WE inquire into the backgrounds of Members or attempt to verify INFORMATION PROVIDED BY Members. WE make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Members or their compatibility with any current or future Members. In no event shall MEETCHA OR Trade Winds Telephone Company Inc. be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the MEETCHA Service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other users of this Service or persons you meet through MEETCHA. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other Members of MEETCHA, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person. IN PARTICULAR, You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information) to other Members. In addition, you understand that MEETCHA makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through the Service.
Use of Meetcha by Minors
- Children are not eligible to use our services and minors (under the age of 18) should not submit any Personal Information to us. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- You may register on Meetcha if you are 18 or older. Meetcha is not directed at children under 18 years of age. Any registration, use of, or access to the Meetcha website by anyone under 18 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of our policies.
- Meetcha does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register on Meetcha or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Meetcha website. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18 with or without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us by using the Submit a Request option at Meetcha Help Central.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Your profile information is displayed to people in order to facilitate interaction in the Meetcha community.
- We do not rent, sell or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies; except to provide products or services you request, when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Meetcha under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your Personal Information to help Meetcha communicate with you about offers from Meetcha and our marketing partners. In addition, we provide credit card processors the information needed to process your credit card purchases. These companies do not have any independent right to use or share this information, other than on Trade Winds Telephone Company Inc. or Meetcha’s behalf.
- We may sometimes share aggregate Non-Personal Information with third parties such as the media, advertisers and government agencies. This aggregate information is typically in the form of statistics, such as numbers of Meetcha Members who live in a particular state or fall within a particular age group. Such aggregate information is gathered from individual Meetcha Members’ information, but is not traceable to any specific identifiable Meetcha Member.
- We may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law such as subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or to law enforcement authorities if we believe such disclosure is necessary to protect someone’s safety.
- We do not share your Personal Information with our advertisers. However, the advertising we display is targeted to users of particular services and content. So, if you view or click on a targeted ad, the advertiser (or other companies affiliated with the advertiser) may assume that you meet the targeting criteria; for example, women ages 50-60 from a particular geographic area.
Cookies and Action Tags
- You can set up your browser to reject cookies or tell you when a cookie has been sent. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of Meetcha’s interactive features, and we hope you will leave them turned on.
- Meetcha also uses action tags (also known as Web Beacons or Single Pixel .gifs) to access Meetcha cookies inside and outside our Web pages and in connection with Meetcha products and services. An action tag is a transparent image placed on a web page that sends a signal when a person visits that page. This enables us to assess the popularity and effectiveness of the material posted on the Meetcha website. We may also use action tags in connection with emails sent to Meetcha Members, to let us know whether and when the email was opened. No Personal Information is transmitted through action tags.
Third-Party Ad Serving
- The ads on Meetcha pages are delivered to you by third party companies including Collective Media and DoubleClick, our web advertising partners. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visit to our site in order to provide relevant offers. Information about your visit to Meetcha, such as number of times you have viewed an ad, is used to serve ads to you when you visit Meetcha. For more information about Collective Media cookies and how to opt out, please click here. For more information about DoubleClick, cookies and how to opt out, please click here.
Your Ability to Update and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can update your Meetcha account information, such as the information on your Meetcha profile and the information you entered upon registration at any time, by logging in and editing your profile or going to the account settings pages.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the notifications settings page from time to time. Members who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe from any existing communications by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain important communications relating to the Meetcha service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, throughout the term of your Meetcha membership, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these important communications.
- To leave Meetcha and cancel your membership altogether, once you’re logged in, you can deactivate your account from your accounts settings pages. Deactivation will prevent you from logging in to Meetcha, remove your profile, remove any connections you have made and you will no longer receive emails from Meetcha or its Members.
Questions and Suggestions
PO Box 712, Station “U”
Toronto, Ontario, Canada